Friday, January 16, 2009

Welcome To Your Pastor's Blog

Did you ever feel like you have more to say than can be said in an allotted time? Well, I do. I know that sounds amazing, after all, the preacher gets 40 minutes on Sunday, every Sunday, to blog or blab his way. Yet, there are things to say that are not always in sinc with the message topic.

Over the past few weeks I wrote a community paper for our neighborhood addressing some problems all of us have been complaining about to the township. Five days later my neighbor greeted me and said how helpful that was. By that time I had already forgotten which paper he was talking about. You see, because of my three web sites, preaching, writing a church planting articles, writing articles for the church newsletter, writing for a prayer magazine, and writing chapters for a book I am working on, and writing hundreds of e-mails, and my daily devotional journal, I couldn't remember which article he might have been referring to.

So, here I am to blab to my heart's content. Perhaps this will be like Seinfeld, "a TV show about nothing", this too will be about nothing in particular, but everything and anything that might be on my mind and heart on any given day.

In any event it is an attempt at something new, and I am up for that. Are you?


Pastor Dick LaFountain
Senior Pastor
Grove City Alliance Church

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love that you've started a blog! I've found it to be a great way to keep in touch with people from all over and a great way to "hold out the Word of life" to them. I've added both your blogs to my Google Reader, where I keep up-to-date on all the blogs I read.